- 1 What major city is McAllen Texas near?
- 2 How far is McAllen from Houston?
- 3 How far is Dallas from McAllen?
- 4 What is McAllen Texas known for?
- 5 Does it snow in McAllen Texas?
- 6 How far is McAllen from the beach?
- 7 Is McAllen Tx a good place to live?
- 8 Is McAllen Texas Safe?
- 9 What is there to do in McAllen Texas today?
- 10 How far is McAllen from San Antonio?
- 11 How far is McAllen Tx from San Antonio TX?
- 12 Why is McAllen Texas so cheap?
- 13 How cold does it get in McAllen Texas?
- 14 How much does it cost to live in McAllen Tx?
What major city is McAllen Texas near?
It is located at the southern tip of the state in the Rio Grande Valley, close to the country of Mexico. The city limits extend south to the Rio Grande, across from the Mexican city of Reynosa. McAllen is about 70 mi (110 km) west of the Gulf of Mexico.
How far is McAllen from Houston?
The total driving distance from McAllen, TX to Houston, TX is 350 miles or 563 kilometers.
How far is Dallas from McAllen?
There are 462.26 miles from Dallas to McAllen in south direction and 520 miles (836.86 kilometers) by car, following the US-281 S route. Dallas and McAllen are 7 hours 59 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What is McAllen Texas known for?
McAllen is a vibrant arts and entertainment scene. The city is full of art galleries, museums, live music venues and nightlife spots. McAllen is the twenty-first most populous city in Texas and the largest city in Hidalgo County, Texas.
Does it snow in McAllen Texas?
McAllen averages 0 inches of snow per year.
The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
How far is McAllen from the beach?
Located 70 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, McAllen attracts those who enjoy the water. Weekend pastimes range from pedal boating or kayaking in the metro area’s Town Lake at Fireman’s Park to taking day trips to the beach.
Is McAllen Tx a good place to live?
As one of the most populous cities in Texas, McAllen has become a highly desirable place to purchase real estate and raise a family. Known for the low cost of living, exceptional education system, a vibrant arts and culture scene and nearly perfect weather, it’s no wonder people flock to this area.
Is McAllen Texas Safe?
McALLEN/BROWNSVILLE, Texas (KVEO) – F.B.I. data ranked border cities, McAllen and Brownsville as one of the “safest cities in the country.”
What is there to do in McAllen Texas today?
- Quinta Mazatlan. 219. Historic Sites.
- McAllen Public Library. 154. Libraries.
- McAllen Convention Center. 142.
- La Plaza Mall. 125.
- International Museum of Art & Science (IMAS) Science Museums • Art Museums.
- McAllen Nature Center. Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks.
- Klement’s Grove. Farms.
- South Texas College. Educational sites.
How far is McAllen from San Antonio?
The total driving distance from McAllen, TX to San Antonio, TX is 238 miles or 383 kilometers.
How far is McAllen Tx from San Antonio TX?
The total driving distance from San Antonio, TX to McAllen, TX is 238 miles or 383 kilometers.
Why is McAllen Texas so cheap?
Four other reasons include: Cheap Housing: The average cost of a home in McAllen is the third least expensive in the country. Low-Cost Living: As metro cities go, McAllen is one place you will spend less on daily expenses such as food, healthcare, and transportation.
How cold does it get in McAllen Texas?
In McAllen, the summers are sweltering and oppressive; the winters are short, cool, and dry; and it is windy and partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 52°F to 97°F and is rarely below 39°F or above 102°F.
How much does it cost to live in McAllen Tx?
McAllen Chamber of Commerce The average cost of a home in McAllen, Texas, the third-least expensive community in the country, is $178,000, while a two-bedroom/two-bath apartment rents for $708. The cost of living in McAllen, population of 130,831, is 16.2 percent cheaper than the national average.