- 1 What is the population of Abilene Texas 2020?
- 2 How dangerous is Abilene TX?
- 3 What is Abilene TX known for?
- 4 What is the cost of living in Abilene Texas?
- 5 Is Abilene a good place to live?
- 6 Does it snow in Abilene Texas?
- 7 What is the safest city in Texas?
- 8 What are the most dangerous cities in Texas?
- 9 Does Abilene TX get tornadoes?
- 10 Is Abilene a safe city?
- 11 What military bases are in Abilene Texas?
- 12 How cold does it get in Abilene TX?
- 13 What major city is Abilene Texas near?
- 14 How far is Abilene from Fort Worth Texas?
What is the population of Abilene Texas 2020?
With a 2020 population of 124,710, it is the 29th largest city in Texas and the 226th largest city in the United States. Abilene is currently growing at a rate of 0.52% annually and its population has increased by 6.53% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 117,063 in 2010.
How dangerous is Abilene TX?
FBI crime reports show Abilene to be among the top ten most dangerous cities in Texas. Nine categories are recognized by the report: violent crime, murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, property crime, burglary, larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft.
What is Abilene TX known for?
Abilene has become the commercial, retail, medical, and transportation hub of a 19-county area more commonly known as “The Big Country”, but also known as the “Texas Midwest”. It is part of the Central Great Plains ecoregion.
What is the cost of living in Abilene Texas?
Abilene cost of living is 78.1
|COST OF LIVING||Abilene||Texas|
|Median Home Cost||$120,400||$195,000|
Is Abilene a good place to live?
Abilene is in Taylor County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. Living in Abilene offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Abilene there are a lot of parks. Many families and young professionals live in Abilene and residents tend to lean conservative.
Does it snow in Abilene Texas?
Abilene averages 3 inches of snow per year.
What is the safest city in Texas?
Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Texas for 2021
- Fair Oaks Ranch.
- Horizon City.
- University Park.
- Highland Village
What are the most dangerous cities in Texas?
Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Towns In Texas To Live In
- Weslaco. Isaac Monter/Wikipedia.
- Texarkana. Billy Hathorn/Wikipedia.
- Lufkin. Billy Hathorn/Wikipedia.
- Edinburg. Wikipedia/Danny20111993.
- San Antonio. The Jacobin/Wikipedia.
- Lubbock. Redraiderengineer/Wikipedia.
- Houston. Henry Han/Wikipedia.
Does Abilene TX get tornadoes?
ABILENE, Texas — May 18 marked one year since two tornadoes tore through Abilene, damaging hundreds of homes. The City of Abilene said 317 homes were damaged during the tornado.
Is Abilene a safe city?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Abilene is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, Abilene is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, Abilene has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What military bases are in Abilene Texas?
Abilene, Texas is home to Dyess Air Force Base, established in 1942. Dyess AFB consists of the 7th Bomb Wing and 317th Airlift Group. One of only two B-1B bases, the 7th BW is assigned to the Air Combat Command Twelfth Air Force.
How cold does it get in Abilene TX?
In Abilene, the summers are hot, humid, and mostly clear and the winters are short, cold, dry, windy, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 35°F to 95°F and is rarely below 22°F or above 101°F.
What major city is Abilene Texas near?
4 major cities are near Abilene; Dallas being the closest is 181.1 miles or 291.5 kilometers away. Abilene is also near the Oklahoma state border; Oklahoma City in Oklahoma is 291.1 miles or 468.5 kilometers away.
How far is Abilene from Fort Worth Texas?
The total driving distance from Abilene, TX to Fort Worth, TX is 151 miles or 243 kilometers.