- 1 What do I need to bring to get my license in Texas?
- 2 What qualifies as proof of residency in Texas?
- 3 What can I use as proof of residency at the DMV in Texas?
- 4 How do I get a new driver’s license in Texas?
- 5 How do I prove residency without bills?
- 6 How much does it cost to get a driver’s license in Texas?
- 7 What are two forms of proof of residency?
- 8 How can I prove residency quickly?
- 9 What documents are accepted as proof of address?
- 10 Can I apply for a Texas ID online?
- 11 Do I need a birth certificate to renew my license in Texas?
- 12 Are all surcharges being dropped in Texas?
- 13 Why am I not eligible to renew my license online in Texas?
What do I need to bring to get my license in Texas?
DL-14A: Application for Driver License or Identification Card. Proof of identity and lawful US presence or citizenship: valid US passport OR your official birth certificate, social security card and Texas ID card. Your social security card: If you can’t find the original hardcopy card, you’ll need to order a new one.
What qualifies as proof of residency in Texas?
Documents That Prove Residency
Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement. Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card. Texas motor vehicle registration or title. Texas concealed handgun license.
What can I use as proof of residency at the DMV in Texas?
NOTE: Remember, all documents presented must contain the individual’s name and Texas residential address.
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement.
- Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card*
How do I get a new driver’s license in Texas?
You can visit any driver license office in the state of Texas to obtain a replacement driver license or identification card. You may also be eligible to obtain a replacement online. For more information, visit our webpage on How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card.
How do I prove residency without bills?
If you don’t have any utility bills, you can still prove your residency through other means. You can use a combination of your license, tax documents, bank statements, lease agreements, and other official paperwork. The essential factor is that the form of proof shows your address and name.
How much does it cost to get a driver’s license in Texas?
Driver License Fees:
|Under 18: new||$16||Expires on your 18th birthday|
|Age 18 to 84: new||$33||Expires after eight years (on your birthday)|
|Age 18 to 84: renewal||$33||Expires eight years after previous expiration date|
|Age 85 and older: new||$9||Expires after two years (on your birthday)|
What are two forms of proof of residency?
Examples of acceptable documents to prove California residency are: rental or lease agreements with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident, deeds or titles to residential real property, mortgage bills, home utility bills (including cellular phone), and medical or employee documents.
How can I prove residency quickly?
How to Get Proof of Address Quickly
- Visit your bank or credit union and ask for a copy of your most recent account statement that includes your name and address.
- In some cases, any piece of mail specifically addressed to your name rather than “occupant” or “resident” can be accepted as proof of residency.
What documents are accepted as proof of address?
Proof of Address
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Property Tax Receipt.
- Posted Mail with name of applicant.
- Utility Bill.
- Lease Agreement.
- Insurance Card.
- Voter Registration Card.
- College Enrollment Papers.
Can I apply for a Texas ID online?
The Department of Public Safety (DPS) does NOT allow you to apply for an original Texas ID card online or by phone. You must apply in person at a local DPS office and submit: An Application For Texas Driver License or Identification Card (Form DL 14-A). Proof of identity.
Do I need a birth certificate to renew my license in Texas?
If you have not renewed your license since October 2008 and have not verified your citizenship with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) then you will need to do so before you can renew your license. Below is a list of accepted documents to show citizenship or legal status: Birth Certificate or Birth Record.
Are all surcharges being dropped in Texas?
Texas canceled all DRP surcharges on September 1, 2019. You no longer owe any DRP surcharges.
Why am I not eligible to renew my license online in Texas?
A. Customers who are U.S. citizens who did not renew online at their last renewal may renew online. Other restrictions may apply, such as if a person is 79 years or older or is a registered sex offender. These may prohibit a person from renewing online.