- 1 Is Harlingen Texas a safe place to live?
- 2 What’s considered Cameron County?
- 3 What is Harlingen Texas known for?
- 4 How far is Harlingen Tx from the Mexican border?
- 5 What is the cost of living in Harlingen Texas?
- 6 What city is the most dangerous in Texas?
- 7 What county is North Padre Island?
- 8 What county is Brownsville Texas?
- 9 What is the crime rate in Harlingen Texas?
- 10 What are the cheapest places to live in Texas?
- 11 What is there to do in Harlingen Texas today?
- 12 How far is Harlingen Texas from the ocean?
- 13 Does it snow in Harlingen Texas?
- 14 What is the most southern city in Texas?
Is Harlingen Texas a safe place to live?
Within Texas, more than 98% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Harlingen. With a population of 65,022, Harlingen has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size.
What’s considered Cameron County?
Cameron County, officially the County of Cameron, is the southernmost county in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, its population was 406,220. Its county seat is Brownsville.
Cameron County, Texas.
|Named for||Ewen Cameron|
What is Harlingen Texas known for?
Harlingen, Texas, is a town in the south of Texas. It is the known as the capital of the Rio Grande Valley and you will find this town approximately 30 miles (48 km) from the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. It also has the distinction of being the fourth largest city in the Rio Grande Valley.
How far is Harlingen Tx from the Mexican border?
Small border city complex – Extreme south Texas along the Rio Grande and Mexican border, 20 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
What is the cost of living in Harlingen Texas?
Harlingen cost of living is 67.5
|COST OF LIVING||Harlingen||USA|
|Median Home Cost||$87,600||$231,200|
What city is the most dangerous in Texas?
Houston, Lubbock, Dallas, Corpus Christi and Amarillo, in that order, are the cities with the highest violent crime rates in Texas.
What county is North Padre Island?
From north to south, North Padre Island is located in parts of Nueces, Kleberg, Kenedy, and Willacy counties. The northernmost part of the island to the Kleberg County line is part of the city of Corpus Christi.
What county is Brownsville Texas?
Finally incorporated in 1853, Brownsville was named the county seat of Cameron County (named after Ewen Cameron, a U.S. soldier killed by a Mexican firing squad during the war). Its location on the river helped establish Brownsville as a trade center for southern Texas.
What is the crime rate in Harlingen Texas?
The Harlingen TX crime rate for 2018 was 415.11 per 100,000 population, a 16.9% increase from 2017. The Harlingen TX crime rate for 2017 was 355.09 per 100,000 population, a 16.71% decline from 2016. The Harlingen TX crime rate for 2016 was 426.32 per 100,000 population, a 41.65% increase from 2015.
What are the cheapest places to live in Texas?
10 Most Affordable Places to Live in Texas
- Progreso. A small town of less than 6,000 people not far from the Rio Grande and the Progreso Lakes, Progreso is the most affordable place to live in Texas.
What is there to do in Harlingen Texas today?
10 Awesome Things To Do And See In Harlingen, Texas
- Downtown Harlingen. Spend an afternoon strolling through the streets of Downtown Harlingen.
- Rustlers. To get the full small town experience, you have to stop by Rustlers.
- Carlito’s Wine House.
- Harlingen Performing Arts Theatre.
- Books N Things.
- Comics Unlimited.
- Iwo Jima Memorial Museum.
- Harlingen Arts and Heritage Museum.
How far is Harlingen Texas from the ocean?
Harlingen is a city in Cameron County in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas, United States, about 30 miles (48 km) from the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
Does it snow in Harlingen Texas?
Harlingen averages 0 inches of snow per year.
What is the most southern city in Texas?
Everybody knows that Brownsville is the southernmost city in Texas. It’s the southernmost city in the mainland US, outside of Florida.