- 1 How late can a 16 year old work in Texas?
- 2 Can a 13 year old work in Texas?
- 3 Can 14 year olds work in Texas?
- 4 Where can 16 year olds work in Texas?
- 5 Can 16 year olds work past 10pm?
- 6 What are my rights as a 16 year old in Texas?
- 7 What age is legal to work in Texas?
- 8 Is it legal to work at 13?
- 9 Can a 14 year old work at Chick-Fil-A in Texas?
- 10 Can a 14 year old work at Walmart?
- 11 What job pays good for a 16 year old?
- 12 What age does McDonald’s hire in Texas?
- 13 Can a 16 year old work full time Texas?
How late can a 16 year old work in Texas?
Texas State Law
Can work no more than 48 hours in one week. Cannot go to work before 5 a.m. Cannot work after 10 p.m. on a day that is followed by a school day, including summer school sessions when applicable. Cannot work past midnight on a day that is not followed by a school day.
Can a 13 year old work in Texas?
Generally, speaking children 13 years old or younger may not work in Texas, except in some limited situations. Youth who are 16 and 17 years old may work in a broad range jobs, but cannot work in those jobs that have been explicitly deemed to be too hazardous.
Can 14 year olds work in Texas?
In Texas, state requirements mandate that youths 14 and 15 years old may not work more than eight hours per day or exceed 48 hours per week. Moreover, these teens may only work between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. during the school year. Federal law allows young people ages 14 and 15 to work up to 9 p.m. from June 1 to Labor Day.
Where can 16 year olds work in Texas?
JobsHiring Teens in Texas
- Kinokuniya. You must be minimum 18 years old to apply Kinokuniya.
- Amazon Books. To work at Amazon Books as a Retail Associate, you must be at least 18 years old.
- B&B Theatres.
- Landmark Theatres.
- Regal Cinemas.
Can 16 year olds work past 10pm?
In general, 16– and 17-year–olds may not work between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. But they can work in manufacturing, mechanical, or mercantile establishments until 11 p.m. or in a supermarket until midnight if there is no school the next day.
What are my rights as a 16 year old in Texas?
Minors who are 16 years old or older can consent to their own medical, dental, psychological, and/or surgical treatment if they are living apart from their parents or legal guardians and are managing their own financial affairs.
What age is legal to work in Texas?
The minimum age for employment, with a few exceptions, is 14 years old. Exceptions to the rule include working for a business owned by the child’s parents or neighborhood newspaper delivery.
Is it legal to work at 13?
In most states, the legal age to begin working is 14, but a 13-year-old can still perform many part-time jobs, from taking care of younger kids to tending gardens. While there is no limit to how much a 13-year-old can earn, many states set a restriction on the number of continuous hours a child this age can work.
Can a 14 year old work at Chick-Fil-A in Texas?
To apply at Chick–Fil-A you must be at least 14 years old (locations may vary).
Can a 14 year old work at Walmart?
As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart and 18 at Sam’s Club.
What job pays good for a 16 year old?
Here are 15 high-paying jobs for teenagers to consider if you’re looking for work opportunities:
- Cashier. National average salary: $10.55 per hour.
- Actor. National average salary: $11.00 per hour.
- Sales associate. National average salary: $11.06 per hour.
- Retail merchandiser.
- Landscape laborer.
What age does McDonald’s hire in Texas?
We’ll teach you the rest. For job openings on your schedule – part time or full time – give us a try. You must be 16 years of age or older to work as a Crew Member at McDonald’s. We also require all employees to have a Texas Food Handler Certificate.
Can a 16 year old work full time Texas?
There are no limitations on hours of work for children who are 16 or 17; however, employers should take care that their work schedules do not cause problems for the young employees under any school truancy laws or local curfews that might apply. Children are entitled to minimum wage and overtime pay.