- 1 What city is closest to Fort Hood Texas?
- 2 How far is Fort Hood from Austin Texas?
- 3 How far is Fort Hood from San Antonio Texas?
- 4 What branch of the military is Fort Hood?
- 5 Where should I live in Fort Hood?
- 6 How many soldiers are stationed at Fort Hood?
- 7 What is the closest major airport to Killeen Texas?
- 8 Why is Fort Hood called the Great Place?
- 9 How do I get from Killeen to Austin?
- 10 How can I get from Austin to San Antonio?
- 11 Is Fort Hood dangerous?
- 12 What is the largest army base in the United States?
- 13 What units are stationed at Fort Hood?
What city is closest to Fort Hood Texas?
Cities near Fort Hood
- Killeen, TX.
- Copperas Cove, TX.
- Harker Heights, TX.
- Belton, TX.
- Gatesville, TX.
- Temple, TX.
- Georgetown, TX.
- Leander, TX.
How far is Fort Hood from Austin Texas?
The distance between Austin and Fort Hood is 60 miles. The road distance is 69.3 miles.
How far is Fort Hood from San Antonio Texas?
The distance between San Antonio and Fort Hood is 126 miles. The road distance is 164.4 miles.
What branch of the military is Fort Hood?
Fort Hood is the Army’s Premier Installation to train and deploy heavy forces. A 214,968 acre installation, Fort Hood is the only post in the United States capable of stationing and training two Armored Divisions.
Where should I live in Fort Hood?
Top Neighborhoods and Areas near Fort Hood Military Base
- Fort Hood is located in Killeen, Texas halfway between Waco and Austin.
- Killeen or better known as K-Town is the city where Fort Hood is located.
- Harker Heights is located between Killeen and Belton.
- Copperas Cove is located just West of Base off Hwy 190.
How many soldiers are stationed at Fort Hood?
Fort Hood is now the largest active duty armored post in the U.S. Armed Forces. There are nearly 40,000 Soldiers who work on Fort Hood. The Soldiers of Fort Hood are infantrymen, cavalrymen, and tankers.
What is the closest major airport to Killeen Texas?
Nearest major airport to Killeen, Texas:
Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK / KGRK)
Why is Fort Hood called the Great Place?
Like the State of Texas, Fort Hood is big and boasts of being the largest active duty armored post in the United States Armed Forces. Fort Hood is nicknamed the Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their Families.
How do I get from Killeen to Austin?
There are 4 ways to get from Austin to Killeen by bus, train, taxi, tram or car
- Take the bus from Austin to San Antonio.
- Take the train from San Antonio Amtrak Station to Temple Amtrak Station.
- Take the Amtrak Thruway from Temple, TX – Amtrak Station to Killeen, TX.
How can I get from Austin to San Antonio?
San Antonio to Austin train services, operated by Amtrak, depart from San Antonio Amtrak Station. Train or bus from San Antonio to Austin? The best way to get from San Antonio to Austin is to bus which takes 2h 10m and costs $7 – $22. Alternatively, you can train, which costs $27 – $40 and takes 2h 23m.
Is Fort Hood dangerous?
Three of the NCOs said they’ve witnessed young soldiers in crisis who were ignored by their commanding officers and later attempted suicide. Since January, there have been 28 deaths at Fort Hood, including five homicides and eight suicides.
What is the largest army base in the United States?
Biggest Military Bases in the U.S.
- Fort Bliss – Texas; 1,332,807 acres.
- Eglin Air Force Base – Florida; 449,421 acres.
- Fort Benning – Georgia; 179,353 acres.
- Camp Pendleton – California; 126,749 acres.
- Fort Sill – Oklahoma; 93,829 acres.
- Redstone Arsenal – Alabama; 38,288 acres.
- Fort Irwin – California; 22,154 acres.
What units are stationed at Fort Hood?
Currently, Fort Hood has nearly 65,000 soldiers and family members and serves as a home for the following units: Headquarters III Corps; First Army Division West; the 1st Cavalry Division; 13th Sustainment Command (formerly 13th Corps Support Command); 89th Military Police Brigade; 504th Battlefield Surveillance