- 1 What city is Rockport Texas close to?
- 2 How far is Rockport from Houston?
- 3 How far is Rockport from Dallas?
- 4 How far is Rockport from San Antonio?
- 5 How safe is Rockport Texas?
- 6 Where can I swim in Rockport Texas?
- 7 Is Rockport Texas a good place to live?
- 8 How far is Port Aransas from Dallas?
- 9 Is it safe to swim at Rockport Beach?
- 10 Has Rockport recovered from Harvey?
- 11 Does Rockport have a beach?
What city is Rockport Texas close to?
Towns surrounding Rockport Texas with an estimated population of at least “250” people (change )
How far is Rockport from Houston?
There are 157.59 miles from Houston to Rockport in southwest direction and 196 miles (315.43 kilometers) by car, following the US-59 S route. Houston and Rockport are 4 hours 8 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Houston, TX to Rockport, TX.
How far is Rockport from Dallas?
There are 328.97 miles from Rockport to Dallas in north direction and 455 miles (732.25 kilometers) by car, following the I-37 N route.
How far is Rockport from San Antonio?
The total driving distance from San Antonio, TX to Rockport, TX is 161 miles or 259 kilometers.
How safe is Rockport Texas?
With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Rockport has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.
Where can I swim in Rockport Texas?
Places to Swim Near Rockport TX
- Rockport Beach Park. Rockport, TX.
- Mustang Island State Park. Port Aransas, TX.
- Ocean Drive-West Beach. Rockport, TX.
- Oyster Lake Beach. Rockport, TX.
- Ocean Drive-East Beach. Rockport, TX.
- University Beach. Rockport, TX.
- Olivia Haterius Beach. Rockport, TX.
- Mustang Island Beach. Taft, TX.
Is Rockport Texas a good place to live?
Rockport is a great town to live in, it has a little historical part of town by the water and great places to eat. This town is good for older people looking to lay back. For students it is really far form anything, and for k-12 children the school system needs more work.
How far is Port Aransas from Dallas?
The distance between Dallas and Port Aransas is 344 miles. The road distance is 463.7 miles.
Is it safe to swim at Rockport Beach?
As the first Blue Wave Beach in Texas, Rockport offers a healthy, safe and clean environment for a ton of family fun. The beach has clean sand, play areas for the kids and a saltwater lagoon for swimming. Pack your cooler and a lunch to enjoy under a picnic cabana.
Has Rockport recovered from Harvey?
ROCKPORT, Texas — Two years after Hurricane Harvey made landfall, the communities of Rockport and Fulton in Aransas County are still rebuilding. Aransas County has received more than $70 million in federal assistance, while the county hasn’t spent a dime of its own money on recovery.
Does Rockport have a beach?
Located on Aransas Bay in Rockport, this was Texas’s first beach to be designated Blue Wave, an environmental certification for American beaches. Visitors to Rockport Beach can enjoy saltwater swimming, fishing, windsurfing, walking trails, and a children’s playground. There is a car entrance fee.