- 1 How far is Port Arthur Texas from Houston?
- 2 How far is Port Arthur Texas from San Antonio Texas?
- 3 How far is Port Arthur Texas from the Gulf of Mexico?
- 4 Is Port Arthur in Houston?
- 5 Does Port Arthur have a beach?
- 6 Is Port Arthur Texas Safe?
- 7 What is Port Arthur Texas famous for?
- 8 Is Beaumont Texas Safe?
- 9 Is Port Arthur a good place to live?
- 10 How do I get to Port Arthur?
- 11 How far is Port Arthur from Dallas?
How far is Port Arthur Texas from Houston?
Distance from Port Arthur, TX to Houston, TX
There are 86.14 miles from Port Arthur to Houston in west direction and 90 miles (144.84 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route.
How far is Port Arthur Texas from San Antonio Texas?
Distance from San Antonio, TX to Port Arthur, TX
There are 275.25 miles from San Antonio to Port Arthur in east direction and 283 miles (455.44 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route.
How far is Port Arthur Texas from the Gulf of Mexico?
Port of Port Arthur
Located just 19 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, and less than 2 hours from sea buoy to dock, is North America’s premier breakbulk and bulk terminal.
Is Port Arthur in Houston?
Port Arthur is a city in Jefferson County within the Beaumont–Port Arthur metropolitan area of the U.S. state of Texas. A small, uninhabited portion extends into Orange County. It is 90 mi (140 km) east of Houston.
Does Port Arthur have a beach?
Port Arthur offers wetlands and Gulf beaches, salt and fresh water fishing and a comfortable year-round climate that is perfect to enjoy Sea Rim State Park, a completely natural beach.
Is Port Arthur Texas Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Port Arthur is 1 in 35. Based on FBI crime data, Port Arthur is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, Port Arthur has a crime rate that is higher than 85% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is Port Arthur Texas famous for?
The Oil Boom
The port quickly began to serve the needs of the new petrochemical industry, and companies such as Gulf Oil Corp. in 1901 and Texaco in 1902 set up refining facilities in the city. By 1957 Port Arthur was known as the center of the world’s prosperous oil refining facilities.
Is Beaumont Texas Safe?
With a population of 116,825, Beaumont has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size.
Is Port Arthur a good place to live?
Port Arthur is a diverse city and good location for families. There’s not much to do here as far as nightlife and entertainment so that would be nice to have in the near future. Port Arthur is like that familiar cardigan that fits just right and is so soft.
How do I get to Port Arthur?
Directions to Port Arthur Historic site
- From Hobart, take the Tasman Highway (A3) across the Tasman Bridge, past Hobart International Airport, and on to Sorell, 27 km south-east of Hobart.
- In Sorell, turn right onto the Arthur Highway (A9) at the traffic lights in the centre of the town.
How far is Port Arthur from Dallas?
Distance between Port Arthur and Dallas is 421 kilometers (262 miles). Driving distance from Port Arthur to Dallas is 528 kilometers (328 miles).