- 1 How far is Surfside from Galveston?
- 2 How far is Surfside Beach Texas from Houston?
- 3 Is Surfside Beach better than Galveston?
- 4 How far is Surfside Beach from Dallas?
- 5 What is the prettiest beach in Texas?
- 6 Why is Galveston beach so dirty?
- 7 Is it safe to swim at Surfside Beach Texas?
- 8 Can you swim at Surfside Beach?
- 9 Is Surfside Beach Texas Nice?
- 10 What is the cleanest beach in Texas?
- 11 What beach in Texas has the clearest water?
- 12 Can you drink alcohol on Surfside Beach?
- 13 Is Surfside Beach Safe?
- 14 Is Surfside Beach busy?
- 15 How much is it to get into Surfside Beach?
How far is Surfside from Galveston?
There are 38.56 miles from Surfside Beach to Galveston in northeast direction and 40 miles (64.37 kilometers) by car, following the FM 3005 route. Surfside Beach and Galveston are 1 hour 2 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Surfside Beach Texas from Houston?
The distance between Houston and Surfside Beach is 57 miles.
Is Surfside Beach better than Galveston?
Surfside Beach Texas is a good alternative to Galveston Island. You get the same beach and water, but the community is smaller. Instead of driving down 45 to Galveston, take 288 directly south to Surfside. It’s an easy drive from downtown Houston, past Sea Center Texas and several Buc-ee’s.
How far is Surfside Beach from Dallas?
The distance between Dallas and Surfside Beach is 282 miles. The road distance is 306 miles.
What is the prettiest beach in Texas?
- Boca Chica. #1 in Best Beaches in Texas.
- Padre Island National Seashore. #2 in Best Beaches in Texas.
- View 26 Photos. South Padre Island.
- Mustang Island. #4 in Best Beaches in Texas.
- Rockport Beach. #5 in Best Beaches in Texas.
- Crystal Beach. #6 in Best Beaches in Texas.
- View 18 Photos. Corpus Christi.
- Lighthouse Beach.
Why is Galveston beach so dirty?
The bodies of water flowing into the Gulf of Mexico near Galveston are mud bottomed. It is caused by the silt washing down the Mississippi that gets pushed by Gulf currents along the shoreline to Galveston. You see the same phenomenon along the Western shoreline of Long Island Sound.
Is it safe to swim at Surfside Beach Texas?
Swimmers are advised to stay out of the water near a section of Surfside Beach due to abnormal bacteria levels, according to the Department of Health and Environmental Control. While swimmers should avoid the ocean, DHEC said it’s safe to wade, collect shells and fish within the swimming advisory areas.
Can you swim at Surfside Beach?
Perfect for fishing, swimming, picnicking, and wildlife viewing. Restrooms are available for visitors. Surfside Beach Recreational Area is sampled bi-weekly from January 1st to December 31st. The Texas General Land Office (GLO) administers the Texas Beach Watch Program.
Is Surfside Beach Texas Nice?
Surfside Beach isn’t the greatest beach on the planet but it does offer a nice alternative to Galveston and it does make a nice choice when you want a quick getaway. A nice little beach when you just need a quick getaway.
What is the cleanest beach in Texas?
Rockport Beach, a “Blue Wave Beach” within driving distance of San Antonio, is reputed to be the cleanest beach in Texas.
What beach in Texas has the clearest water?
The beach with the clearest water in Texas is Boca Chica beach on South Padre Island.
Can you drink alcohol on Surfside Beach?
Basically, alcohol of any kind is permitted within the almost 115 mile stretch along the shore—just as long as it’s not consumed in a moving vehicle.
Is Surfside Beach Safe?
Surfside has approximately a mile of public beach that will rival any beach in the world. Surfside’s beaches are peaceful, clean, pleasant, safe, and is known as a family friendly area.
Is Surfside Beach busy?
Surfside Beach is a beautiful area, not as busy as Myrtle Beach area. Still a lot of family oriented events to do. If you plan a visit to the beach area, Surfside Beach is a good location.
How much is it to get into Surfside Beach?
All vehicles driving on Surfside Beach must purchase a $12 annual pass and display in their windshield. The pedestrian beach is free of charge.