- 1 Is Garland a suburb of Dallas?
- 2 How far is Garland Texas from Austin Texas?
- 3 How far is Garland Texas from San Antonio Texas?
- 4 What is Garland Texas known for?
- 5 Is Garland TX dangerous?
- 6 Does it snow in Garland Texas?
- 7 What is the crime rate in Garland TX?
- 8 What is there to do in Garland Texas today?
- 9 Is Garland a good place to live?
Is Garland a suburb of Dallas?
Garland is a suburb of Dallas with a population of 238,418. Garland is in Dallas County and is one of the best places to live in Texas.
How far is Garland Texas from Austin Texas?
The total driving distance from Garland, TX to Austin, TX is 214 miles or 344 kilometers.
How far is Garland Texas from San Antonio Texas?
The total driving distance from San Antonio, TX to Garland, TX is 293 miles or 472 kilometers.
What is Garland Texas known for?
Wildflower power. Bluebonnets aren’t the only Texas blooms that put on a dazzling show. Garland is famous for its signature “firewheel” – a wildflower that flourishes across the area in spring and summer.
Is Garland TX dangerous?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Garland is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, Garland is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, Garland has a crime rate that is higher than 86% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Does it snow in Garland Texas?
Climate in Garland, Texas
The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Garland averages 1 inches of snow per year.
What is the crime rate in Garland TX?
The Garland TX crime rate for 2018 was 275.07 per 100,000 population, a 13.12% decline from 2017. The Garland TX crime rate for 2017 was 316.62 per 100,000 population, a 1.4% decline from 2016. The Garland TX crime rate for 2016 was 321.11 per 100,000 population, a 7.61% increase from 2015.
What is there to do in Garland Texas today?
- Learn more about the city at the Garland Landmark Museum.
- Fit in with the locals at the Resistol Hat Plant.
- Visit the Rowlett Creek Preserve to commune with nature.
- Enjoy an outdoor picnic at Spring Creek Park.
- Shop till you drop at Firewheel Town Center.
- Spend a family day at Hawaiian Falls Waterpark.
Is Garland a good place to live?
Article Links. Garland is known as a great value for homeowners. Consider also its low crime rate, great schools, six recreation centers and more than 40 parks and you’ll see why it’s ranked No. 2 in Texas and 19th in the nation among The Best Cities to Buy a Home Big Enough to Raise a Family.