- 1 Where in Texas is Amarillo located?
- 2 What major city is Amarillo Texas close to?
- 3 How far is Amarillo Texas from Dallas Texas?
- 4 How far is Amarillo Texas from Houston?
- 5 What is the safest city in Texas?
- 6 Is Amarillo Texas Dangerous?
- 7 Is Amarillo Texas a safe place to live?
- 8 What food is Amarillo Texas known for?
- 9 What town is after Amarillo TX?
- 10 What is Amarillo TX famous for?
- 11 What city is halfway between Dallas and Amarillo?
- 12 Does it snow in Amarillo TX?
- 13 What is the coldest city in Texas?
- 14 What is there to do in Amarillo Texas today?
- 15 How far is Denver Colorado from Amarillo Texas?
Where in Texas is Amarillo located?
Amarillo (/ˌæməˈrɪloʊ/ AM-ə-RIL-oh; Spanish for “yellow”) is a city in the U.S. state of Texas and the seat of Potter County. It is the 14th-most populous city in Texas and the largest city in the Texas Panhandle. A portion of the city extends into Randall County.
What major city is Amarillo Texas close to?
5 major cities are near Amarillo; Fort Worth being the closest is 339.2 miles or 545.9 kilometers away. Amarillo is also near the Oklahoma state border; Oklahoma City in Oklahoma is 260 miles or 418.5 kilometers away.
How far is Amarillo Texas from Dallas Texas?
The total driving distance from Amarillo, TX to Dallas, TX is 365 miles or 587 kilometers.
How far is Amarillo Texas from Houston?
The total driving distance from Amarillo, TX to Houston, TX is 599 miles or 964 kilometers.
What is the safest city in Texas?
Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Texas for 2021
- Fair Oaks Ranch.
- Horizon City.
- University Park.
- Highland Village
Is Amarillo Texas Dangerous?
Amarillo: Health & Safety
Amarillo is a fairly safe place to visit. Having said this, there are certain precautions that should be taken in order to ensure a smooth trip through Texas. Like always, common sense is the most important tool to be used in staying safe. Avoid walking alone at night (especially women).
Is Amarillo Texas a safe place to live?
FBI crime reports show Amarillo to be among the top ten most dangerous cities in Texas. Nine categories are recognized by the report: violent crime, murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, property crime, burglary, larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft.
What food is Amarillo Texas known for?
Amarillo, as you might expect, is known for beef barbeque. Farther south the barbeque is far more sauced.
What town is after Amarillo TX?
Towns surrounding Amarillo Texas with an estimated population of at least “250” people (change )
What is Amarillo TX famous for?
Amarillo is a popular stop along Route 66 in Texas and is particularly famous for its delicious steak challenge at the The Big Texan Steak Ranch. The city also houses to many well-known theatres and art shows, as well as the favorite space museum, the Don Harrington Discovery Center and Space Theater.
What city is halfway between Dallas and Amarillo?
The best city between Dallas, TX and Amarillo, TX to meet is Altus, Oklahoma which is about 36 miles from the exact midpoint. The town that marks the exact halfway point is actually Oklaunion, Texas.
Does it snow in Amarillo TX?
Amarillo averages 17.9 inches of snow annually. Other years have also seen snow fall in the month of September, but the snow melted as it fell and never accumulated to more than one tenth of an inch. The earliest snowfall in the Texas Panhandle occurred at Stratford on September 27, 1936 when 1.0 inches fell.
What is the coldest city in Texas?
— Houston, Texas: 13 degrees Fahrenheit, coldest since 1989. — San Antonio, Texas: 12 degrees Fahrenheit, coldest since 1989. — Little Rock, Arkansas: -1 degrees Fahrenheit, coldest since 1989. — Fayetteville, Arkansas: -20 degrees Fahrenheit, all-time coldest temperature.
What is there to do in Amarillo Texas today?
12 Top-Rated Things to Do in Amarillo, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch. Cadillac Ranch | Photo Copyright: Lana Law.
- US Route 66 – Sixth Street Historic District.
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
- Panhandle Plains Historical Museum.
- American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum.
- Amarillo Museum of Art.
- Jack Sisemore Traveland RV Museum.
- Amarillo Zoo.
How far is Denver Colorado from Amarillo Texas?
The total driving distance from Denver, CO to Amarillo, TX is 434 miles or 698 kilometers.