- 1 What county is Jefferson Texas in?
- 2 How much is a marriage license in Jefferson County Texas?
- 3 What is Port Arthur Texas famous for?
- 4 How do I pay my Jefferson County personal property tax?
- 5 How far is Jefferson TX from Dallas?
- 6 What is Jefferson Texas known for?
- 7 What happens if a marriage license is never turned in Texas?
- 8 Where do I file my marriage license in Texas?
- 9 How do I get a marriage license in Jefferson County?
- 10 Does Port Arthur have a beach?
- 11 Is Port Arthur Texas a good place to live?
- 12 Is Port Arthur Texas Safe?
- 13 What do you pay personal property tax on in Missouri?
- 14 How do I find my personal property tax in Missouri?
- 15 How much is sales tax in Jefferson County Missouri?
What county is Jefferson Texas in?
Jefferson, the county seat of Marion County, is at the junction of U.S. Highway 59 and State Highway 49, on Big Cypress Creek and Caddo Lake in the south central portion of the county.
How much is a marriage license in Jefferson County Texas?
Your marriage license from Jefferson County will cost $72.00. The Jefferson County Clerk’s office only accepts cash payments.
What is Port Arthur Texas famous for?
The Oil Boom
The port quickly began to serve the needs of the new petrochemical industry, and companies such as Gulf Oil Corp. in 1901 and Texaco in 1902 set up refining facilities in the city. By 1957 Port Arthur was known as the center of the world’s prosperous oil refining facilities.
How do I pay my Jefferson County personal property tax?
- Online payments can be made via the Treasurer Property Records Search Application.
- Calling the Treasurer’s toll-free automated payment system at 866-898-2919.
- If you live outside the US, Official Payments is another online option available to pay via credit or debit card (a vendor or credit card fee will apply).
How far is Jefferson TX from Dallas?
Distance from Jefferson, TX to Dallas, TX
There are 142.45 miles from Jefferson to Dallas in west direction and 167 miles (268.76 kilometers) by car, following the I-20 route.
What is Jefferson Texas known for?
The city is a tourist destination, with popular attractions including: Jay Gould’s Railroad car, the Sterne Fountain, Jefferson Carnegie Library, Excelsior House, the House of the Four Seasons, and the bayous formed by Big Cypress Bayou located in and around the city.
What happens if a marriage license is never turned in Texas?
Yes, you had a valid, ceremonial marriage and you are legally married. In Texas, even if the person who performed your marriage wasn’t legally permitted to do so, your marriage is still valid.
Where do I file my marriage license in Texas?
Where to Apply. As per Section 2.001 of the Texas Family Code, a marriage license may be obtained from any county clerk’s office. Many Texas counties now offer an online application process.
How do I get a marriage license in Jefferson County?
The Application Process:
In Jefferson County, you may make application in person at any of our seven Branch Locations. Or, you may make an application in person at our Professional License Department, located in Metro Hall, 527 W. Jefferson St., Room 100A. Identification is required.
Does Port Arthur have a beach?
Port Arthur offers wetlands and Gulf beaches, salt and fresh water fishing and a comfortable year-round climate that is perfect to enjoy Sea Rim State Park, a completely natural beach.
Is Port Arthur Texas a good place to live?
Port Arthur is a diverse city and good location for families. There’s not much to do here as far as nightlife and entertainment so that would be nice to have in the near future. Port Arthur is like that familiar cardigan that fits just right and is so soft.
Is Port Arthur Texas Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Port Arthur is 1 in 35. Based on FBI crime data, Port Arthur is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, Port Arthur has a crime rate that is higher than 85% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What do you pay personal property tax on in Missouri?
Personal property tax is a tax based upon the value of taxable personal property. Taxable personal property consist of motor vehicles, trailers, mobile homes, watercraft, boat motors, aircraft, livestock, farm machinery and equipment, agricultural crops and any other personal property not exempted by law.
How do I find my personal property tax in Missouri?
How do I find out about my personal property taxes? Contact your County Assessor’s Office. For contact information, see the Missouri State Tax Commission website.
How much is sales tax in Jefferson County Missouri?
Jefferson County, Missouri sales tax rate details
This is the total of state and county sales tax rates. The Missouri state sales tax rate is currently 4.23%. The Jefferson County sales tax rate is 1.63%.