- 1 How long does it take to become a home inspector in Texas?
- 2 Do you need a license to be a home inspector in Texas?
- 3 How do I get an inspection license in Texas?
- 4 How do I start a home inspection business in Texas?
- 5 Is becoming a home inspector worth it?
- 6 How much does AHIT training cost?
- 7 How long should a home inspection take?
- 8 How much do certified home inspectors make?
- 9 Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
- 10 Will a cracked windshield pass inspection in Texas?
- 11 How much does a state inspection cost in Texas?
- 12 How do home inspectors get clients?
- 13 What tools do home inspectors need?
How long does it take to become a home inspector in Texas?
Complete 194 hours of home inspection training with the BEST home inspector training program in the country. Take the NHIE. You must pass the NHIE (National Home Inspectors Exam). Get In Person Training.
Do you need a license to be a home inspector in Texas?
A Real Estate Inspector is an intermediate level license. To obtain this license, an applicant must be an Apprentice Inspector and meet certain experience and educational requirements while working as an Apprentice Inspector and pass an exam.
How do I get an inspection license in Texas?
Inspector Qualifications and Training
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must hold a valid driver license to operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
- Must not be currently suspended or revoked in the Texas vehicle inspection program.
- Pass a background check (See 37 TAC §23.5 for more details)
- Submit an online application.
- Attend a DPS-approved Inspector Training Course.
How do I start a home inspection business in Texas?
Start a home inspection business by following these 9 steps:
- STEP 1: Plan your business.
- STEP 2: Form a legal entity.
- STEP 3: Register for taxes.
- STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card.
- STEP 5: Set up business accounting.
- STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- STEP 7: Get business insurance.
Is becoming a home inspector worth it?
If your more generally thinking about becoming an inspector, it’s a great career that provides a lot of life flexibility, but you need to understand customer service which is 80% of the job and the most important part after you get past the learning curve.
How much does AHIT training cost?
The cost to attend American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) ranges from $700 to $2,000 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $1,400.
How long should a home inspection take?
An average inspection takes about 2-2½ hours (1-1½ hours for a condo). The time is well-spent considering there are more than 500 components in the average home.
How much do certified home inspectors make?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour.
Is Texas doing away with vehicle inspections?
Texas is one of just 15 that still levies a vehicle inspection tax, and our roads are no safer than the 35 states that no longer levy this tax. Drivers in big states such as California, New Jersey, Illinois and Florida don’t have safety inspections, and neither do drivers in our neighboring states.
Will a cracked windshield pass inspection in Texas?
Texas does not have any regulations concerning cracks in the windshield. Additionally, vehicles will pass the mandatory inspections if there are cracks in the windshield. However, any crack that causes the glass to change shape by becoming convex or concave is not permitted.
How much does a state inspection cost in Texas?
If you are in an emission county and your vehicle is newer than two years old, or older than 24 years, you are still required to have a safety inspection.
Cost of Inspection.
|Inspection Type||Amount You Pay At Station|
|Two-Year Safety (new vehicles)||$7.00|
|Trailer / Motorcycle||$7.00|
How do home inspectors get clients?
How to Market a Home Inspection Business
- Network With Real Estate Agents. Expand your client base by networking with real estate agents.
- Market Complementary Services. Think about complementary products and services your home inspection business could offer that add value to your customers.
- Use Targeted Advertising.
- Consider Local Sponsorship.
What tools do home inspectors need?
Tool vest: Inspectors need to carry a variety of tools while they inspect a home. Flashlights, a moisture meter, infrared thermometer, electrical testers, cell phone, and a mirror are just some of the equipment they commonly carry.