- 1 Where is Polk County Texas?
- 2 Is Polk County Texas under a burn ban?
- 3 What county is Livingston TX in?
- 4 What county is Onalaska TX in?
- 5 Is Uvalde a dry county?
- 6 How many states have a Polk County?
- 7 Can you burn in Polk County?
- 8 Is there a burn ban in Iowa?
- 9 Is Livingston TX A good place to live?
- 10 Is Livingston Texas Safe?
- 11 What major city is close to Livingston Texas?
- 12 What is there to do in Onalaska Texas?
- 13 How far is Onalaska TX from Houston?
- 14 How far is Onalaska Texas from Livingston Texas?
Where is Polk County Texas?
Polk County is in the East Texas Timberlands region on the east bank of the Trinity River. Its geographical center is at 94°50′ north latitude and 30°49′ west longitude. The county seat, Livingston, straddles U.S. highways 59 and 190 about seventy-six miles northeast of Houston.
Is Polk County Texas under a burn ban?
Commissioner’s Court has lifted the burn ban effective immediately.
What county is Livingston TX in?
With a population of 5,335 at the 2010 census, it is the largest city in Polk County. It is located about 90 miles north of Houston and was originally settled in 1835 as Springfield. Its name was changed to Livingston and became the county seat of Polk County in 1846.
What county is Onalaska TX in?
Onalaska is on Farm Road 356 by Lake Livingston, ninety miles north of Houston in western Polk County.
Is Uvalde a dry county?
No, It’s dry for liquor and beer in our precinct of Uvalde County, bring what you need and plan accordingly. The city of Uvalde sales hard liquor and beer and the city of Leaky sales beer and wine.
How many states have a Polk County?
Polk County is the name of twelve counties in the United States, all except two named after president of the United States James Knox Polk: Polk County, Arkansas. Polk County, Florida.
Can you burn in Polk County?
Backyard burning is allowed based upon the air quality conditions set by Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). between October 1st – December 15th and again from March 1st – June 15th.
Is there a burn ban in Iowa?
There are currently no burn bans reported for this county.
Is Livingston TX A good place to live?
Rated as 6th worst town to live in Texas in “The Top 10 Worst Places to Live in Texas in 2021″ by RoadSnacks.net, it has a 17.1% poverty rate, a crime rate 150% over the national average, and inadequate schools.
Is Livingston Texas Safe?
With a crime rate of 60 per one thousand residents, Livingston has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17.
What major city is close to Livingston Texas?
Towns surrounding Livingston Texas with an estimated population of at least “250” people (change )
What is there to do in Onalaska Texas?
Best things to do near Onalaska, TX 77360
- Bikini Island Watersports. 0.7 mi. 2 reviews.
- Lake Livingston – Onalaska KOA. 0.7 mi. 18 reviews.
- Walker’s Waterfront-Cabins & Campground. 2.7 mi. Campgrounds, Fishing.
- Pontoon Rental Bos. 1.7 mi. Boating.
- Triple J Lanes. 7.7 mi.
- Vern’s Club. 0.9 mi.
- Broken Arrow Lodge & Marina. 2.8 mi.
- Hensley Produce. 6.2 mi.
How far is Onalaska TX from Houston?
There are 73.79 miles from Onalaska to Houston in south direction and 87 miles (140.01 kilometers) by car, following the I-69 S and US-59 S route.
How far is Onalaska Texas from Livingston Texas?
Distance from Livingston, TX to Onalaska, TX
There are 12.70 miles from Livingston to Onalaska in northwest direction and 15 miles (24.14 kilometers) by car, following the US-190 route. Livingston and Onalaska are 17 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.