- 1 Does paid time off (PTO) have to be used before filing for unemployment compensation?
- 2 How can the employee verify the employer filed their unemployment benefits claim with correct information in to the system?
- 3 How do I set up a Personal Identification Number for the Unemployment Insurance website?
- 4 Am I eligible for unemployment compensation if my hours are being reduced because of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania?
- 5 Is PTO considered vacation pay?
- 6 Can employer force you to take PTO?
- 7 How long does an employer have to respond to unemployment in Texas?
- 8 How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in Texas?
- 9 What happens if my former employer doesn’t respond to unemployment claim in Texas?
- 10 How do I apply for unemployment in Texas Online?
- 11 How do I talk to a live person at the Texas unemployment office?
- 12 How do I file for unemployment in Texas Online?
- 13 How many hours can you work while getting unemployment?
- 14 How do I file unemployment for reduced hours?
- 15 How do I apply for Pua weekly?
Does paid time off (PTO) have to be used before filing for unemployment compensation?
No, claimants do not have to use paid time off before filing for UI. They can file as soon as they have been laid off or otherwise unable to work due to COVID-19. However, if they are being paid their normal salary, they would not be considered unemployed.
How can the employee verify the employer filed their unemployment benefits claim with correct information in to the system?
TWC will mail information to the employee at the address given to TWC by the employer.
How do I set up a Personal Identification Number for the Unemployment Insurance website?
Call our automated phone system, Tele-Serv, at 800-558-8321. Select Option 4. Enter your Social Security number (SSN), confirm your SSN, then enter your chosen four-digit PIN. Wait for the message “Your new PIN has been accepted.”
Am I eligible for unemployment compensation if my hours are being reduced because of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania?
You may be eligible and should file an initial claim online.
Is PTO considered vacation pay?
PTO is considered to be any time an employee is getting paid while away from work—it’s more all-encompassing than “vacation.” Think of it like this: all vacation is PTO while not all PTO is vacation. Other examples of PTO include maternity/paternity leave, jury duty, sick leave, holiday pay or disability leave.
Can employer force you to take PTO?
In general, yes, employers may require the use of vacation/paid time off (PTO) and restrict its use. For example, a California DLSE internal memorandum indicates employers must provide a minimum of a 90-day advance notice when requiring exempt employees to take mandatory vacation/PTO.
How long does an employer have to respond to unemployment in Texas?
The initial claim notice carries a short response deadline: only 14 calendar days from the date the notice is mailed to submit a timely response. A timely response makes the employer a party of interest to the claim with full appeal rights.
How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in Texas?
You can check your claim status online at Unemployment Benefits Services or call Tele-Serv at 800-558-8321 and select option 2. We use information from you and your last employer to determine if you qualify. TWC sends your last employer a letter with the reason you gave for no longer working there.
What happens if my former employer doesn’t respond to unemployment claim in Texas?
If an employer does not respond at all and the employee receives benefits, the employer receives a “Notice of Maximum Potential Chargeback.” Employers must then decide if they wish to challenge the decision to award unemployment benefits to the former employee.
How do I apply for unemployment in Texas Online?
Apply for benefits in one of two ways:
- Apply online at Unemployment Benefit Services by selecting Apply for Benefits. Read the Applying for Unemployment Benefits Tutorial. for help applying online.
- Call a Tele-Center at 800-939-6631 and speak to a customer service representative.
How do I talk to a live person at the Texas unemployment office?
If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in Texas Workforce Commission customer service you need to dial 1-800-939-6631.
How do I file for unemployment in Texas Online?
To apply for benefits online, log on to Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS) at ui.texasworkforce.org. You will need a user ID and password to apply for benefits online. To log on, select the link that says, “Log on with your existing TWC User ID or create a new User ID.”
How many hours can you work while getting unemployment?
You are not eligible for benefits in any week you work 32 or more hours, or when your gross earnings for the week are equal to or greater than your weekly benefit amount. A partial benefit payment will be made for any week you work less than 32 hours and your earnings are less than your weekly benefit amount.
How do I file unemployment for reduced hours?
If your hours have been reduced or you’ve lost your job through no fault of your own, you can file a claim for full or partial unemployment benefits with your state’s unemployment agency. Visit the website of your state’s unemployment agency for eligibility information, filing instructions, and more.
How do I apply for Pua weekly?
Each week, call 1-866-832-2363 or go to web.getgov2go.com (recommended on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday) to fill out your weekly PUA Continuing Claim Form for the prior week as long as you are unemployed.